I had to display Poncho's bed. Greta saw this extravagant doggie bed at Kirkland's for the outrageous price of $90. Of course, I said NO! She was eager to save her own money and pay for it herself. On the next visit to Kirkland's the bed had gone on sale 50% off. Again, I had to reluctantly (because she rarely wants ANYTHING!)say no. After scanning the internet, I found a $10 coupon for Kirkland's. Knowing they mark down on Thursdays, we headed back and found it on sale for an additional 20%. Money in hand (thank you Grandma & Grandpa!) she made her purchase. The best part according to Greta was signing her name on the machine...she REALLY liked that part!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Poncho
With a friend's advice, (Thank you oh soooo much, Pat!) We decided to fill the void of the loss of Chico with another dog. During Nana's Valentine's visit she purchased Poncho for the children (with the clause of , "if he doesn't work out, I"ll take him" --yes, I was listening! lol!). We all went to the dog rescue for our "interview" and fell in love with Poncho immediately. He is a lot bigger than he looks, weighing in at 9lbs. We are still finding it odd that he just does not bark...he kinda talks to us in a mangle whine/throaty voice. The one time we have heard him bark was when the kids were walking him and they crossed paths with a lady walking a pitbull. The pitbull went nuts, then Poncho went crazy! Other than that, no barking. He also likes to be held like a baby. Seriously. He'll lay right beside you on his back, nudge your shoulder until an arm is placed around him, wave his paw in the air, then when his paw is held, he'll close his eyes to go to sleep. It's the funniest thing! Thank you so much Nana, Poncho has found his way into our hearts and was a wonderful Valentine!

I had to display Poncho's bed. Greta saw this extravagant doggie bed at Kirkland's for the outrageous price of $90. Of course, I said NO! She was eager to save her own money and pay for it herself. On the next visit to Kirkland's the bed had gone on sale 50% off. Again, I had to reluctantly (because she rarely wants ANYTHING!)say no. After scanning the internet, I found a $10 coupon for Kirkland's. Knowing they mark down on Thursdays, we headed back and found it on sale for an additional 20%. Money in hand (thank you Grandma & Grandpa!) she made her purchase. The best part according to Greta was signing her name on the machine...she REALLY liked that part!
I had to display Poncho's bed. Greta saw this extravagant doggie bed at Kirkland's for the outrageous price of $90. Of course, I said NO! She was eager to save her own money and pay for it herself. On the next visit to Kirkland's the bed had gone on sale 50% off. Again, I had to reluctantly (because she rarely wants ANYTHING!)say no. After scanning the internet, I found a $10 coupon for Kirkland's. Knowing they mark down on Thursdays, we headed back and found it on sale for an additional 20%. Money in hand (thank you Grandma & Grandpa!) she made her purchase. The best part according to Greta was signing her name on the machine...she REALLY liked that part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment