Monday, July 28, 2008

Charlie's Birthday



Today Charlie turned 10 years old. It is unbelievable how children make time fly. How yesterday seems an arm stretch away and today is full of fleeting moments. How my arms yearn to hold that baby boy, yet my hands are full of joy every time he holds them, and my heart aches with hope in every passing year for him. As I watch him grow...I am so thankful for the 33 hours of labor I spent waiting for him--yes! I can't wait to throw that at him when he is older! lol! Okay, maybe not THANKFUL for the labor, but I had to get that in somewhere on this blog! lol!

Wow, 10. Is that considered "pre-teen"? Isn't pre-teen 11 or 12, please tell me I have more time! Can you imagine "girlfriends". Zits? Braces? Embarrassment of being seen with your parents?? or of mom's hugs and kisses?? AAAAHHHHH!

Oh Charlie. You make me laugh, cry and love deeper than I ever thought imaginable. My first born, my only son. We thank God for you. Every day that you are here has been a total and complete blessing. I adore that little smile, you know, the one that brings out the dimple. I adore those little freckles across your nose, the flat part of your ear where the door pinched and broke the cartilage and the way you place your hand in mine and give me a little squeeze when no one is looking. My heart will always skip a beat when you give your momma that wink of assurance. My baby boy. A gift from God.

Grow Charlie. Be happy. Be confident. Love and trust the Lord with all your heart, soul and strength. Be kind. Be loving. Stand for the truth. Pray and know in your heart that God answers prayer. Be patient. Be wise. And always...always no matter what...know that I love you.

Happy Birthday, Son.
_____________________________________
Simple Kind of Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mama told me, when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely, to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.

Ohh take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come, and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

And be a simple kind of man.
And maybe some day you'll love and understand.
Baby be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

No comments: